Title: Jr. Software Engineer
Reports to: Chief Technology Officer
FINDMINE is an award-winning automation technology for retailers to scale their currently manual and tedious process of product curation for e-commerce and in stores. Our first service “Completes the Look” around every product in fashion retailers’ inventory, ensuring shoppers see complete outfits around any product of the store. Our technology utilizes innovative approaches from engineering and machine learning to understand and determine how to merge a retailer’s sense of fashion style and vision with advanced mathematics and computer science. FINDMINE is seeking a Software Engineer with a strong ability for problem-solving, experience in working with web oriented architectures and frameworks, and someone who takes extreme pride in their work.
- Work with FINDMINE’s core systems and carry the ability to quickly learn and improve such systems.
- Create new features and fix bugs with backend communications services and scraping applications, machine learning processing services, and RESTful API layer services.
- Work with machine learning theoretical specifications and per-existing models. As part of the team, our engineers get a significant exposure the machine learning ecosystems which they are responsible for improving. Machine learning experience is expected but is not required for this position.
- Craft excellent documentation for one’s respective projects and have ownership over the code and the instructional tutorials of how to use it.
- Participate in design brain-storming sessions and have willingness defend one’s suggestions and opinions against colleague’s counter arguments.
- 2+ years experience with distributed services design and scaling API facing web software.
- Intermediate level experience with Python 2.7 and 3.5+
- Understanding and applied use of MySQL Databases, Elasticsearch databases, or Redis databases.
- Write quality code and be responsible for finding the best approaches possible, optimizing, and fixing bugs, etc. Be really bothered by bad or inefficient code. Like it should haunt your dreams.
- Work collaboratively with product team. Be familiar with Agile development but also be able to work sporadically and without a lot of hand-holding.
- Desire to keep learning – whether that means more in your field or in machine learning, business development, product management, etc.
- Also helpful if you think online shopping is a hot mess, like making machines do the shopping for you — and have a sense of humor about computers enslaving us all — and enjoy flexibility, ambiguity, and fun projects.
Please e-mail bio/resume to FINDMINE CEO Michelle Bacharach at firstname.lastname@example.org