Last night, we welcomed mentors, sponsors, investors, fellows and affiliates to the University Center of The New School to introduce our third cohort class. Culled from 500+ applications, we found the Big Eight, companies we believe are poised to challenge advance the retail and consumer goods sectors. Our cohort 3 companies are:
- 29th century: an AI-powered virtual data analyst to help e-commerce businesses who can’t find or afford their own data analytics team make better decisions.
- Benja: the first true merchandise ad network, already working with top brands like Nike and Under Armour to sell their products across several proprietary platforms.
- Cartogram: providing indoor location services to businesses to create an end-to-end in-venue experience to drive revenue, enhance customer experience, and lower overhead for businesses.
- CheckOut: uniting online sales and conversion strategies with brick and mortar retail for a complete and immersive customer experience in physical stores.
- ELLA: a female-focused lifestyle brand that provides an elevated product and brand experience, sourcing high- quality ingredients tailored to the needs and identity of women.
- Lacelook: a powerful AI- backed visual search technology for visual-oriented products such as fashion goods – clothing, handbags, shoes, etc. – helping consumers get real-time shop-the-look results and compare prices across brands and retailers.
- Snappy: an app that makes it extremely easy to send a thoughtful and personalized gift but with all the advantages of a gift card – offering choice for recipients and simplicity for senders.
- Ziel: a platform that enables any lifestyle company to expand the reach of their brands into high-quality, eco-friendly performance activewear.
After comments from Joel Towers, Executive Dean of Parsons at The New School and Pano Anthos, our Managing Director, team members presented their retail solutions in an honest and off-script manner in front of an enthusiastic audience. It will be exciting to hear about their evolution and progress at Demo Day, scheduled for March 30th.
The Cohort 3 Launch was full of energy, friendly discussion, and networking within our incredibly creative and innovative community. Stay tuned for more news and events to come. We’ll be posting pictures and video of the event here, and on our Vimeo channel, shortly!