We are seeking a Designer in Residence to join our team. XRC Labs is a highly focused retail and consumer goods, stage-agnostic accelerator in NYC on the campus of Parsons School of Design with Parsons, and Kurt Salmon as founding sponsors.
You are a designer, researcher and stellar communicator who loves emerging technologies. You thrive on ambiguity and enjoy the frequent pivoting that’s part of the exploration. The position involves close collaboration with the companies in the program, as well as the main staff at XRC.
Help us shape the future through retail technologies, connected devices, big data, or other fresh, emerging technologies that we haven’t even heard of yet. Our goal is to create innovative solutions that profoundly change people’s lives. Join us!
What you’ll do:
- Be the face of design for a cutting edge accelerator
- Provide design audits pre-admittance of XRC accelerator prospects
- Lead the creative think tank of XRC Labs Fellows
- Provide resources and/or assist in design execution/consulting for startup companies
- Help build XRC graphics and branding
- Manage freelance designers
- Advise 10 up-and-coming companies and articulate complex visions through simple, elegant designs
- Develop compelling UX visions, UI concepts, and prototypes
- Understand technologies and their impact on the feasibility of a design
- Can meet tight deadlines and quick turnarounds
- 3-4 years of experience in design thinking principles and methods, UX/UI, graphics and branding
- Experience with design and development across multiple device types – Web, mobile and beyond
- Strong understanding of ethnographic methodologies – research should also be a strong passion for design
- A dazzling online portfolio
- Expertise with design programs such as those in the Adobe Suite, as well as presentation programs such as Keynote and PowerPoint
How To Apply
Please submit your portfolio and resume via the job board system or email them to the XRC Labs Program Director, Carly-Ann Fergus, at email@example.com.